Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Soft Pumpkin Pudding Cookies



I can't even tell you all how excited I am about these cookies.
Finding a pumpkin cookie recipe that is soft and chewy, not cakey, is basically impossible.

Until now!!!

This morning I had a baking spree (rainy days call for these sorts of things), and the idea hit me like a big DUH. Why don't I make a pudding cookie, and use the 14 boxes of pumpkin pudding in my cupboard for the pumpkin flavor?! Makes sense, right?!?!



Oh my gosh you guys....

Today, I win at life...Or at least cookie making.



Soft Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 packages (3.4 oz) pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
4 cups AP flour
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tsp. pumpkin pie pice
2 tsp. cinnamon

1 Cup sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 350.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter, oil and both sugars together on high for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs, vanilla and pudding, and beat for another minute.
Add in the flour, baking powder and spices and mix until combined.

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
Scoop heaping tablespoon sized balls of dough and roll in your hands.
Cover completetly in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes.

Lett cool for 2 minutes before removing to a plate.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment